This page will be updated as more information evolves and becomes available.
Announcement Date: July 7
Updated following the governor’s July 1st announcement of delaying progress to Stage 5.
Announcement Date: June 15
Back on Track chart updated with reopening of playgrounds.
Announcement Date: June 9
Back on Track chart updated with indefinite closure of playgrounds per governor’s May 21 order.
Announcement Date: May 22
Announcement Date: April 13
To combat the spread of COVID-19, we are following CDC guidelines and are implementing some changes to promote a healthy environment for our staff and visitors. We look to the parks as a place of refuge in difficult times – we also need your help to keep it that way. We ask individuals to follow the social distancing guidelines of Indiana’s Stay-At-Home Order, linked here.
The following closures are effective through May 31, 2020, or until further notice.
Public programs and events are canceled. Refunds will be processed for all current registrants.
Shelter reservations are discontinued until further notice.
To protect the health of our community, the Administrative Office at 211. W. Lincoln in Goshen is closed to the public until further notice. Staff are also available to respond to your inquiries via email, Facebook, and phone 574-535-6458 (Mon-Fri) 8 a.m.‒4:30 p.m.
Take Care Out There
We urge all visitors to take protective measures against COVID-19 and make informed travel decisions. Social distancing doesn’t mean disconnecting – we’re here to help you explore new ways to connect with nature and local history. Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for new experiences with the Elkhart County Parks.
Announcement Date: March 26
- All Elkhart County Parks are presently OPEN. For your safety, park services and amenities will be limited during this period, so please adjust travel plans accordingly.
- Park amenities unavailable at this time include restrooms, playgrounds, buildings, drinking fountains, picnic tables, and seasonal parking lots.
BEFORE VISITING THE PARK:
- If you are ill, please stay home.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Bring hand sanitizer or wipes along.
- Go before you go (remember that park restrooms and other amenities are not open).
DURING YOUR VISIT:
- Plan for short trips only (remember that park restrooms are not open).
- No social gatherings such as: field trips, play dates, picnics, or group activities.
- Take the trail less traveled and avoid crowds whenever you can.
- Always respect the 6 ft. rule when passing by another visitor.
Announcement Date: March 25
- Trails are open within the Elkhart County Parks at the present time. Visitors are expected to walk or bike with individuals and family units. No field trips, play dates, picnics, or social gatherings. Visitors should respect the 6-foot social distancing method when passing each other on trails.
- Restrooms, playgrounds, water fountains, picnic areas, and some seasonal parking lots are closed. Visitors should plan trips accordingly and bring hand sanitizer.
- Elkhart County Parks Administrative Office at 211. W. Lincoln in Goshen is open with restrictions. All other buildings within the parks are closed until further notice including the Ox Bow Gatehouse and Elkhart County Historical Museum.
- All public programs have been cancelled until at least April 30 or until further notice.
- No shelter reservations can be made at this time until at least April 30 or until further notice.
Announcement Date: March 16
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Elkhart County Parks public programming is canceled through the end of April. Refunds will be processed for all current registrants. We appreciate your patience in this challenging time. Stay tuned at elkhartcountyparks.org and our Facebook page for future program announcements and ways to connect with local history and nature online.