St. Patrick’s Day Photo Scavenger Hunt
This St.Patrick’s Day, grab your cell phone, and bring the family out for a fun nature photo scavenger hunt at Ox Bow County Park! This year, treasure hunters have the choice between a Creative Family Hunt (1–3 p.m.) and an advanced-level Clue Challenge Hunt (4:30–6:30 p.m.) for adults who enjoy putting their detective skills to the test. Prizes will be awarded.
Creative Family Hunt (1–3 p.m.)
1) Stop by the gatehouse to pick up the scavenger hunt list.
2) Explore the park and snap photos on your cell of all items on the list as you find them. Be creative and have fun!
3) Post at least one photo to the Elkhart County Parks’ Facebook page using the hashtag #ECPHUNT, before 3 p.m.
4) Return to the gatehouse to get a fun prize for everyone in your group.
Clue Challenge Hunt (4:30–6:30 p.m.)
1) Stop by the gatehouse to pick up the clue list during hunt hours (give yourself enough time…you might have to do a little hiking).
2) Note your specific “hunt number” (at the top of the clue list). You will need this when posting photos later.
3) Following the clues, seek out and locate all 10 golden shamrocks hidden in the park.
4) DO NOT COLLECT the shamrocks, but instead snap your photo with each one.
5) Once you have your photos, post them in a single album on the Elkhart County Parks’ Facebook page titled with your hunt number and be sure to hashtag #ECPHUNT. Make sure your account is public or we won’t be able to see your photos! Once you’ve completed this step, you are eligible to win a prize!
6) At 5:30, 6:00 and 6:30pm, 6 winning hunt numbers will be drawn and announced at Ox Bow Haus Shelter. You must be present to win your choice of prizes if your hunt number is drawn. If you are not present, your number will be returned to the pot for the next drawing, a half hour later.
The Elkhart County Parks reserves the right to remove any photos and disqualify hunt numbers if photos are of an inappropriate nature.