Looking for a way to give back in your community? Consider working with us! Whether it be maintenance out in the park, working on exhibits at the museum or assisting at community events, we need your help.
Who can be a volunteer?
Anyone who wants to show support, learn more, or simply has an interest in: parks and recreation, nature, local history & heritage.
What qualities should a volunteer have?
- Enthusiasm for lifelong learning opportunities
- Eagerness to share their knowledge with others
- Willingness to work as part of a team
How do I sign up?
It’s simple, just fill out the volunteer interest form to allow us to find a best fit for you. We’ll be in contact with you within a week or so with upcoming opportunities.
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 574-875-7422
How can I help at the parks?
Below are a few of the volunteer opportunities available within the Elkhart County Parks:
- General park maintenance (litter pick-up, cleaning, painting, etc…)
- Trail work (clearing & chipping trails)
- Invasive plant removal
- Landscaping (maintaining flowerbeds)
- Events/programs (lead table activity, assist program leader, etc…)
- Elkhart County Historical Museum (exhibit maintenance, collections work, etc…)
- Woodworking (build nest boxes, assist with small building projects or repairs, etc…)
- Volunteer Work Days (previously scheduled…work with a group)
Do you hold volunteer work days?
Yes! The Elkhart County Parks holds volunteer work days, open to anyone, throughout the year. Check out our 2022 line up here.
If you’re looking to register for a volunteer work day, click here.
Do you offer community service opportunities?
Yes, we offer community service opportunities as we have projects available. Please fill out the community service application and then email to email@example.com